Thursday, February 7, 2013

Getting over dissapointments

Hi guys! Today I bring you some dissapointing news. I didn't make the dance program I auditioned for. And I don't want to tell lies to you, so that truth is, I was crushed! I cryed for 2 days straight and left dance early on friday because I was so crushed my mom took me to friendly's (a restaurant) and I just had found out that day I didn't make it so I was not in the mood to dance :(. That happened a little less than a week ago and I am already a new person. I also got a new prespective. Your a dancer without dissapointments.
 So that concludes my introduction. Today I am going to help you get over these dissapointments. I am going to help you smile about it and not cry. So, are you ready to here some heartfelt stuff? Yes, you are plently ready.
 
   Dissapointments only make you more of a dancer. Why? They make you stronger. They make you work harder. How? You may not realize it but you are working harder because you want to show those chumps who declined you that they don't know what their missing. You are showing them that one day when your on Radio City or one day when you are a student in a famous ballet school that you are the definition of dance and they made the wrong desicision turning you down.
  
    With every dissapointment there's a small light in the distance, you may not see it at first, but after a while the light calls you and grab it. You grab it harder then you've ever grabbed something before. You know what that light is? It is an oppertunity. An oppertunity that is much better then the first one. And you grabbed that opppertunity and SMOKED it! You are light!

 "I hope you still feel small when you stand beside the ocean. Whenever one door closes I hope one more opens. Promise that you'll give faith a fighting chance. And when you get the choice to sit it out dance. I HOPE YOU DANCE"
                                         --Lee Ann Womack
Those are some lyrics of a song I am dancing to, in honor of this situation. It is a wonderful empowering song for dancers who just got declined. Link to the song:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RV-Z1YwaOiw


  
I found this on pinterest and I taped it to my binder.


    Thank you lovely people for reading! I hope you enjoyed it. I enjoyed writing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment